Mario Builder Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Translator
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Cleaning progress to the forums has been made!

Tue Mar 14, 2023 7:38 am by Alju5

Hello!

I am one of the administrators here. Maybe any of you has noticed that Mario Builder forums lose the number of registered members. This is because there were a lot of users who just spammed the space just by registering and not visiting the forums after that even for years now if at all. There were also a lot of not yet accepted members so as an administrator I felt too undisciplined …

Comments: 0

Platform Builder forums

Sat Jun 09, 2018 9:15 pm by Alju5

Dear members! I am not active with Mario Builder nor it's forums anymore although I still view some activity here sometimes. This is because of the need to choose some activities from all ones in ridiculously limited time. Good things are that I spend more time on something that has been created by the same creator as for Mario Builder. This is Platform Builder and it's own forum.

To be all …

Mario Builder V11 is OUT!

Sat Jan 14, 2012 6:24 am by Pixel Turtle

Mario Builder V11 -

-Many kinds of enemies can be placed ontop of a pipe opening. This will cause them to continually spawn from that pipe.
-Added an invisible text block
-Added the pink piranha plant by Alju5 through the engine challenge
-Added the ice bro by lukasmah through the engine challenge
-Added Ice bro to the overworld
-Boom Boom and Koopalings must take multiple shots …

Project help for a newbie

4 posters

Go down

Project help for a newbie Empty Project help for a newbie

Post  MAD SPANNER Fri Dec 12, 2014 12:56 am

Hello everyone! Its my first time posting on this forum, but for months I have been using tilesets and seeing new discussion, never been much of a forum user til now.

Ive started on a project earlier this year, but went in waaay too deep - 3 worlds in, 9 more to go! And thats the hardest difficulty, I plan on making 2 other projects of an easier difficulty. My questions are these.

- How do I download your projects? It would be really cool to see what you have all done with all the tools available in comparison to my own.

I use custom mp3s for music for each level. When this game is finished, thats gonna be a lot of mp3s. Is it still possible to upload these somehow? (I know of copyright n all, but this game was gonna be for my friends and family) Is there an easy way of copying the upload files, mariobuilder and savefiles over onto another laptop, let alone the web?

I like this hobby. If I know I can copy and share my project, mp3s n all to others computers, rather than them using mine, Id bother to finish the game!

Thnaks for your time Smile
MAD SPANNER
MAD SPANNER

Back to top Go down

Project help for a newbie Empty Re: Project help for a newbie

Post  Mechasaur Sat Dec 13, 2014 1:39 am

you're not the only one doing difficult mario games Razz

I see you're also like me, putting in custom mp3s and tiles…

Project help for a newbie Ad334e10

weeb trash

project.exe was not found? try searching another term

Project help for a newbie __gii_and_rachel_alucard_blazblue_drawn_by_takanashi_a__sample-09312332ff9a5418a8e3a7acf7e77c9b
Mechasaur
Mechasaur

Humor : Why are you reading this?

Back to top Go down

Post  blurrytoad Sat Dec 13, 2014 11:47 pm

MAD SPANNER wrote:Hello everyone! Its my first time posting on this forum, but for months I have been using tilesets and seeing new discussion, never been much of a forum user til now.

Ive started on a project earlier this year, but went in waaay too deep - 3 worlds in, 9 more to go! And thats the hardest difficulty, I plan on making 2 other projects of an easier difficulty. My questions are these.

- How do I download your projects? It would be really cool to see what you have all done with all the tools available in comparison to my own. Only some projects currently have demos, if you check a project's thread you might be able to find a demo. You would download the files and unzip the file if it is zipped and run Mario Builder Player.exe. For sandbox levels you would have to rename the file to a unused sandbox file.

I use custom mp3s for music for each level. When this game is finished, thats gonna be a lot of mp3s. Is it still possible to upload these somehow? (I know of copyright n all, but this game was gonna be for my friends and family) Is there an easy way of copying the upload files, mariobuilder and savefiles over onto another laptop, let alone the web? You would need to make a account on a file hosting site and upload the files and access the link of the file to get the files on another computer.

I like this hobby. If I know I can copy and share my project, mp3s n all to others computers, rather than them using mine, Id bother to finish the game!

Thnaks for your time Smile
My answers to your questions are in bold.
blurrytoad
blurrytoad

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCjfHGrVcY7-48rf_5YVaSWA

Back to top Go down

Post  MAD SPANNER Sun Dec 21, 2014 10:55 pm

Thanks for replying! I'l have a ganders at the demos available and see about sharing mine over.

My custom music mostly novelty and as a way of helping the narrative, as story is limited to text. A cool idea Ive had since I last posted here was making vocal tracks of spoken narration in the levels, mixed with an underlying ambience to fill out the sound. Theres eye of the tiger for the tutorial and little shop of horrors 'feed me' in a level full of flytraps, but Im looking into different ways of telling narrative. (another is the text mushroom people at intervals of a level, and invisible text boxes, but using all of these narrative vehicles in tandem with eachother effectively takes a lot of experimentation and creativity.

As a crash course in level design, mario maker is a good start I feel.
MAD SPANNER
MAD SPANNER

Back to top Go down

Post  Mechasaur Tue Dec 23, 2014 8:10 am

MAD SPANNER wrote:Thanks for replying! I'l have a ganders at the demos available and see about sharing mine over.

My custom music mostly novelty and as a way of helping the narrative, as story is limited to text. A cool idea Ive had since I last posted here was making vocal tracks of spoken narration in the levels, mixed with an underlying ambience to fill out the sound. Theres eye of the tiger for the tutorial and little shop of horrors 'feed me' in a level full of flytraps, but Im looking into different ways of telling narrative. (another is the text mushroom people at intervals of a level, and invisible text boxes, but using all of these narrative vehicles in tandem with eachother effectively takes a lot of experimentation and creativity.

As a crash course in level design, mario maker is a good start I feel.

Mario maker? Don't you mean Kaizo Mario World lol!

Project help for a newbie Ad334e10

weeb trash

project.exe was not found? try searching another term

Project help for a newbie __gii_and_rachel_alucard_blazblue_drawn_by_takanashi_a__sample-09312332ff9a5418a8e3a7acf7e77c9b
Mechasaur
Mechasaur

Humor : Why are you reading this?

Back to top Go down

Post  ShadowRider Sat Feb 21, 2015 6:37 am

You can also upload your finished game (and all the mp3 etc) to OneDrive via Hotmail (Live.com etc) then just post the link in the projects section of the forum. It can then be downloaded by anyone on the forum. You can also post the link where ever else you want; Twitter, Facebook, etc.

As for copyright protected music, there is a fair usage clause, and parody clause (if applicable) that allows you to use materials for personal & not for profit purposes. Being that none of us are selling our games (which would be copyright infringement of Nintendo's property, and just disrespectful to Ting Thing) there is no need to worry about using copyright music or images. It is, however, good form to list credits when using other people's creations like music, tile sets, backgrounds, etc.

ShadowRider

Humor : Canadian...eh

https://www.youtube.com/user/kennyg440

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down