I forgot my password

Translator
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Platform Builder forums

Sat Jun 09, 2018 9:15 pm by Alju5

Dear members! I am not active with Mario Builder nor it's forums anymore although I still view some activity here sometimes. This is because of the need to choose some activities from all ones in ridiculously limited time. Good things are that I spend more time on something that has been created by the same creator as for Mario Builder. This is Platform Builder and it's own forum.

To be all …

Comments: 0

Mario Builder V11 is OUT!

Sat Jan 14, 2012 6:24 am by Pixel Turtle

Mario Builder V11 -

-Many kinds of enemies can be placed ontop of a pipe opening. This will cause them to continually spawn from that pipe.
-Added an invisible text block
-Added the pink piranha plant by Alju5 through the engine challenge
-Added the ice bro by lukasmah through the engine challenge
-Added Ice bro to the overworld
-Boom Boom and Koopalings must take multiple shots …

Comments: 0

-=- | JUST ANOTHER MARIO GAME DEMO 1 | -=-

Go down

-=- | JUST ANOTHER MARIO GAME DEMO 1 | -=-

Post  LudwigVonPhoenix on Mon Sep 03, 2018 11:37 am

-=- | JUST ANOTHER MARIO GAME | -=-
This is Just Another Mario Game, or JAMG (jam-gee) for short. It's a game that aims to make its name ironic by, put simply, not being generic! So far, I have 1 normal level, 2 world maps, and an ending level that wraps everything up. Other features include multiple original tilesets, custom music, and secret levels. I even bundled it up into a .ZIP file, so you don't even need Mario Builder to play it! I hope you enjoy, please give some feedback! Download is here.

LudwigVonPhoenix

Back to top Go down

Good game!

Post  PMT on Tue Sep 11, 2018 9:42 am

It was a great overall. Just some things I wanna mention for your future project.

1.  Have some challenging areas, have some areas in yours levels that will test the players platform skills, dodging abilities etc.(But don't make it annoying and/or frustrating, example: Guessing areas, frame perfect timings, random enemy spam etc.)

2. Longer levels aren't better, not all your levels have to be long to be fun, they can even be shorter than your level in the demo. Don't stress yourself.

3. Be aware of how and when you add a power-ups in a stage. Power-ups are good rewards after going through a tough area and which can help you later on. However, just be aware how they can be used in the level and future levels. (If you add a super leaf, the player can decide to fly through the whole stage over all the obsticels, to prevent this maybe don't add long stretches where the p meter can fill up UNLESS THATS WHAT YOUR INTENTION IS.)

3.5: Most important, DONT ADD STRESS MAKING THE PROJECT. Making a big project like this will take a lot of time, if you do tiny bits at a time, you'll finish.

Again, great demo, worlds look cool! Just keep these notes in mind. Good Luck! Very Happy

Last edited by PMT on Tue Sep 11, 2018 9:43 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Typos)
PMT

Humor : ...

Back to top Go down

Re: -=- | JUST ANOTHER MARIO GAME DEMO 1 | -=-

Post  blurrytoad on Tue Sep 11, 2018 6:38 pm

I think this game shows promise and I agree with PMT's points above. The first level could be shortened down to about 66%. I like the gimmick of the hills however, I guess just use it a bit more combine it with enemies to form a setpiece. Although it's the first level so it's good to keep it simple. You should join the Mario Builder discord for discussions.

https://discord.gg/7jJf4ee

Also if you want a collab partner on your project I'm up for it. I specalise in weird, wacky levels and I've made my fair share of levels, but need a person to check over my levels for quality lol.
blurrytoad

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCjfHGrVcY7-48rf_5YVaSWA

Back to top Go down

Collab please!

Post  LudwigVonPhoenix on Thu Oct 04, 2018 2:24 am

blurrytoad wrote:Also if you want a collab partner on your project I'm up for it. I specalise in weird, wacky levels and I've made my fair share of levels, but need a person to check over my levels for quality lol.

Perfect! I'm in the middle of making a website for JAMG, and I'm going to include a page where people can submit resources for the game, such as tilesets and music. It makes it a bit easier to have someone offer to collab! It can't hurt to have multiple level designers! If you're good at making music, that could help a lot, too!

LudwigVonPhoenix

Back to top Go down

Post  blurrytoad on Thu Oct 04, 2018 4:09 pm

On the MB Discord we share custom tiles and music. I can't make music, but I can contribute and playtest here and there, but I'm working on my own project currently.

Some big tilesets are chopped up there I think, plus there should be some recolours and some customs as well. Music is a bit sparce at the omment but I'm sure you'll find something.

https://discord.gg/fktT6uf
blurrytoad

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCjfHGrVcY7-48rf_5YVaSWA

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down