Mario Builder Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Translator
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Cleaning progress to the forums has been made!

Tue Mar 14, 2023 7:38 am by Alju5

Hello!

I am one of the administrators here. Maybe any of you has noticed that Mario Builder forums lose the number of registered members. This is because there were a lot of users who just spammed the space just by registering and not visiting the forums after that even for years now if at all. There were also a lot of not yet accepted members so as an administrator I felt too undisciplined …

Comments: 0

Platform Builder forums

Sat Jun 09, 2018 9:15 pm by Alju5

Dear members! I am not active with Mario Builder nor it's forums anymore although I still view some activity here sometimes. This is because of the need to choose some activities from all ones in ridiculously limited time. Good things are that I spend more time on something that has been created by the same creator as for Mario Builder. This is Platform Builder and it's own forum.

To be all …

Mario Builder V11 is OUT!

Sat Jan 14, 2012 6:24 am by Pixel Turtle

Mario Builder V11 -

-Many kinds of enemies can be placed ontop of a pipe opening. This will cause them to continually spawn from that pipe.
-Added an invisible text block
-Added the pink piranha plant by Alju5 through the engine challenge
-Added the ice bro by lukasmah through the engine challenge
-Added Ice bro to the overworld
-Boom Boom and Koopalings must take multiple shots …

WHY ISN'T STARMAN PLACEABLE IN BOXES!?

5 posters

Go down

WHY ISN'T STARMAN PLACEABLE IN BOXES!? Empty WHY ISN'T STARMAN PLACEABLE IN BOXES!?

Post  Snuttis-Elin Thu Apr 16, 2015 5:41 pm

Well perhaps alot of users already have noticed this.. This is so stupid. Why aren't u able to put the starman item into boxes like in Toad's House or Bros Battles?

Last edited by Snuttis-Elin on Wed May 20, 2015 3:48 am; edited 2 times in total
Snuttis-Elin
Snuttis-Elin

Back to top Go down

WHY ISN'T STARMAN PLACEABLE IN BOXES!? Empty Re: WHY ISN'T STARMAN PLACEABLE IN BOXES!?

Post  applepiesleth Fri Apr 17, 2015 6:22 am

Well... how do you expect to use it? Would you just start out as a starman* like in the newer games? scratch

Mario Builder's abilities copy those of the older games, like smb3 and smw, so being able to put stars in the chest's would be impossible (There ARE a few exceptions though...). It WOULD be pretty nice to be able to put stars in chests, though! Smile

(PS. I'm glad somebody finally posted something! This forum was getting boring!)
(PPS. "Puttable" isn't a word, I think you mean "placeable"!)
(PPPS. Yume to kibou no bishoujo senshi ga!)
(*"STARMAN", if you couldn't read that!)
applepiesleth
applepiesleth

Humor : Who cut the apple pie?

Back to top Go down

WHY ISN'T STARMAN PLACEABLE IN BOXES!? Empty Re: WHY ISN'T STARMAN PLACEABLE IN BOXES!?

Post  Snuttis-Elin Mon Apr 20, 2015 7:21 pm

applepiesleth wrote:Well... how do you expect to use it? Would you just start out as a starman* like in the newer games? scratch

Mario Builder's abilities copy those of the older games, like smb3 and smw, so being able to put stars in the chest's would be impossible (There ARE a few exceptions though...). It WOULD be pretty nice to be able to put stars in chests, though! Smile

(PS. I'm glad somebody finally posted something! This forum was getting boring!)
Ehm.. In SMB3 you are able to have starman in the item-box and choose to start a level as starman so why aren't u able to do that in Mario Builder? Mario Builder seems to be most based of SMB3 so I don't get why u can't place them in chests... Also, why is the starman gone if u enter a door or pipe that leads to another area? Shouldn't it still be activated until the specific time is gone? :-/

Sorry my english is not always very well...
Snuttis-Elin
Snuttis-Elin

Back to top Go down

Post  Mechasaur Tue Apr 21, 2015 3:10 am

Snuttis-Elin wrote:
applepiesleth wrote:Well... how do you expect to use it? Would you just start out as a starman* like in the newer games? scratch

Ehm.. In SMB3 you are able to have starman in the item-box and choose to start a level as starman so why aren't u able to do that in Mario Builder? Mario Builder seems to be most based of SMB3 so I don't get why u can't place them in chests... Also, why is the starman gone if u enter a door or pipe that leads to another area? Shouldn't it still be activated until the specific time is gone? :-/

Sorry my english is not always very well…

I think they didn't put the starman in the item box because it would make levels a lot easier to pass. It would ruin the challenge the level gives you. Some of my projects in particular are infamous for being brutal when it comes to difficulty.

WHY ISN'T STARMAN PLACEABLE IN BOXES!? Ad334e10

weeb trash

project.exe was not found? try searching another term

WHY ISN'T STARMAN PLACEABLE IN BOXES!? __gii_and_rachel_alucard_blazblue_drawn_by_takanashi_a__sample-09312332ff9a5418a8e3a7acf7e77c9b
Mechasaur
Mechasaur

Humor : Why are you reading this?

Back to top Go down

Post  applepiesleth Tue Apr 21, 2015 10:06 am

Mechasaur wrote:
I think they didn't put the starman in the item box because it would make levels a lot easier to pass. It would ruin the challenge the level gives you. Some of my projects in particular are infamous for being brutal when it comes to difficulty.

I.. I guess that's true...

W-w-wait? There were stars in chests on SMB3?!?!? I guess it has been a while since I've played that game. Sad
SOWWY!  pale
applepiesleth
applepiesleth

Humor : Who cut the apple pie?

Back to top Go down

Post  Mechasaur Wed Apr 22, 2015 12:08 am

applepiesleth wrote:
Mechasaur wrote:

I.. I guess that's true...

W-w-wait? There were stars in chests on SMB3?!?!? I guess it has been a while since I've played that game. Sad
SOWWY!  pale

you don't have to be sorry

weeb trash

WHY ISN'T STARMAN PLACEABLE IN BOXES!? __gii_and_rachel_alucard_blazblue_drawn_by_takanashi_a__sample-09312332ff9a5418a8e3a7acf7e77c9b
Mechasaur
Mechasaur

Back to top Go down

Post  Snuttis-Elin Mon May 04, 2015 7:01 pm

Mechasaur wrote:
Snuttis-Elin wrote:

That's ridiculous... If you don't want players to be able to start a level with starman then don't put them in any boxes or chests, simple as that. This is a big mistake of the creator and I hope it will be solved.. You are also not able to place the green goomba shoe in the chests and boxes, why not!? Sad
Snuttis-Elin
Snuttis-Elin

Back to top Go down

Post  Mechasaur Tue May 05, 2015 1:01 pm

Snuttis-Elin wrote:
Mechasaur wrote:
Snuttis-Elin wrote:

That's ridiculous... If you don't want players to be able to start a level with starman then don't put them in any boxes or chests, simple as that. This is a big mistake of the creator and I hope it will be solved.. You are also not able to place the green goomba shoe in the chests and boxes, why not!? Sad

I was referring to SMB3 not my game…

weeb trash

Mechasaur
Mechasaur

Back to top Go down

WHY ISN'T STARMAN PLACEABLE IN BOXES!? Empty Re:WHY ISN'T STARMAN PLACABLE IN BOXES!?

Post  Dark Soron Fri Sep 11, 2015 7:39 am

I can see how that's a problem.
Usually in SMB3, you would probably use a starman on one of the tanks or Bowser's Castle in World 8.
The same would be in a hard level.
I guess that's a problem that the creator made. scratch
It could be useful, but it's left out. Neutral

Last edited by Dark Soron on Wed Sep 30, 2015 12:08 am; edited 1 time in total
Dark Soron
Dark Soron

Back to top Go down

Post  nradoto Sat Sep 12, 2015 5:01 am

Snuttis-Elin wrote:

You could never place the Kuribo shoe in boxes and chests, it was made for one level only and it ends once you complete the level it is in, I believe such a feature is possible in SMBX, but it has nothing to do with Mario Builder.
nradoto
nradoto

Humor : Nice and friendly,but need anger managment :3

http://marioandthecursedgemm.webs.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Dark Soron Wed Sep 30, 2015 12:16 am

nradoto wrote:
Snuttis-Elin wrote:

You could never place the Kuribo shoe in boxes and chests, it was made for one level only and it ends once you complete the level it is in, I believe such a feature is possible in SMBX, but it has nothing to do with Mario Builder.

He is right Snuttis-Elin, you can't do that in SMB3, but you could do that in SMBX. The same is for Yoshi, but you can bring him on the map.
Dark Soron
Dark Soron

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum