Mario Builder Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Translator
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Cleaning progress to the forums has been made!

Tue Mar 14, 2023 7:38 am by Alju5

Hello!

I am one of the administrators here. Maybe any of you has noticed that Mario Builder forums lose the number of registered members. This is because there were a lot of users who just spammed the space just by registering and not visiting the forums after that even for years now if at all. There were also a lot of not yet accepted members so as an administrator I felt too undisciplined …

Comments: 0

Platform Builder forums

Sat Jun 09, 2018 9:15 pm by Alju5

Dear members! I am not active with Mario Builder nor it's forums anymore although I still view some activity here sometimes. This is because of the need to choose some activities from all ones in ridiculously limited time. Good things are that I spend more time on something that has been created by the same creator as for Mario Builder. This is Platform Builder and it's own forum.

To be all …

Mario Builder V11 is OUT!

Sat Jan 14, 2012 6:24 am by Pixel Turtle

Mario Builder V11 -

-Many kinds of enemies can be placed ontop of a pipe opening. This will cause them to continually spawn from that pipe.
-Added an invisible text block
-Added the pink piranha plant by Alju5 through the engine challenge
-Added the ice bro by lukasmah through the engine challenge
-Added Ice bro to the overworld
-Boom Boom and Koopalings must take multiple shots …

Link pipes and doors!?

3 posters

Go down

Link pipes and doors!? Empty Link pipes and doors!?

Post  Snuttis-Elin Sat Mar 14, 2015 9:50 am

I'm having alot of problem with how to link pipes and doors to other pipes and doors when u entering them. How does it works like? I've looked on some turtorials and made like they did but still the pipes and doors wont get linked to each other :-/ and why aren't u able to make a startning numbers on doors without the "linking thing"?
Snuttis-Elin
Snuttis-Elin

Back to top Go down

Link pipes and doors!? Empty Re: Link pipes and doors!?

Post  Mechasaur Sun Mar 15, 2015 2:06 am

You need to use advanced mode in order to link doors and pipes. If you decide to link a door or pipe, create another area on the level editor in order to successfully link it. Spawn name doesn't matter as long as you remember it.

Link pipes and doors!? Ad334e10

weeb trash

project.exe was not found? try searching another term

Link pipes and doors!? __gii_and_rachel_alucard_blazblue_drawn_by_takanashi_a__sample-09312332ff9a5418a8e3a7acf7e77c9b
Mechasaur
Mechasaur

Humor : Why are you reading this?

Back to top Go down

Post  Snuttis-Elin Mon Mar 16, 2015 5:27 am

Mechasaur wrote:You need to use advanced mode in order to link doors and pipes. If you decide to link a door or pipe, create another area on the level editor in order to successfully link it. Spawn name doesn't matter as long as you remember it.
I know you have to create another area to link pipes and doors and I have done that but it doesn't seems to work or doesn't it work as long as you just TEST the map? Btw what about if u want pipes to be linked but not to another area??
Snuttis-Elin
Snuttis-Elin

Back to top Go down

Post  blurrytoad Mon Mar 16, 2015 8:58 am

Here is a guide that I have made to help you.

1. Make sure you create your world in Advance Mode
2. Chose a spawn id for the first level when you place Mario in the level
3. Create a half-red half-brow door in the same level
4. Create a new level with a half-black half-blue door, choose a spawn id, that is not the first level's spawn id
5. Go back to the first level and click the link button and chose the half-red half-brow door
6. Click the second level and enter the spawn id that you chose for that level
7. Now chose a icon on the map, click the link button and choose the level you wish to allocate there and enter its spawn id
8. You can test if this has been successful by publishing and playing your game\

For warping in the same level use the doors labelled 1-5 and match them with their black exit counterparts and place them in the same level for warping
blurrytoad
blurrytoad

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCjfHGrVcY7-48rf_5YVaSWA

Back to top Go down

Post  Snuttis-Elin Mon Mar 16, 2015 1:49 pm

blurrytoad wrote:Here is a guide that I have made to help you.

4. Create a new level with a half-black half-blue door, choose a spawn id, that is not the first level's spawn id
5. Go back to the first level and click the link button and chose the half-red half-brow door
7. Now chose a icon on the map, click the link button and choose the level you wish to allocate there and enter its spawn id
8. You can test if this has been successful by publishing and playing your game\

For warping in the same level use the doors labelled 1-5 and match them with their black exit counterparts and place them in the same level for warping
Oh thank you but I'm still testing the level when finishing the linking pipes and doors but still they wont be linked, the level is just canceled and back to "edit mode" when entering them or is this just happening when u testing the level? Btw how do you link levels? I'm trying to do that in the world map before but that ended up with the choosed level was getting deleted! o.O and yes I'm using advanced mode.
Snuttis-Elin
Snuttis-Elin

Back to top Go down

Post  blurrytoad Mon Mar 16, 2015 4:42 pm

Make sure you save your levels using the floppy disc icon, I can't really think of the solution to your problem though. Maybe download another copy of Mario Builder and copy your old slot back in. Make sure when linking levels to the world map you don't press the delete button.
blurrytoad
blurrytoad

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCjfHGrVcY7-48rf_5YVaSWA

Back to top Go down

Post  Mechasaur Tue Mar 17, 2015 12:10 pm

if you have any other questions, ask blurrytoad

weeb trash

Link pipes and doors!? __gii_and_rachel_alucard_blazblue_drawn_by_takanashi_a__sample-09312332ff9a5418a8e3a7acf7e77c9b
Mechasaur
Mechasaur

Back to top Go down

Post  Snuttis-Elin Thu Mar 19, 2015 9:38 am

Snuttis-Elin wrote:

Oh thank you but I'm still testing the level when finishing the linking pipes and doors but still they wont be linked, the level is just canceled and back to "edit mode" when entering them or is this just happening when u testing the level? Btw how do you link levels? I'm trying to do that in the world map before but that ended up with the choosed level was getting deleted! o.O and yes I'm using advanced mode.
Hmm well I've done like this but it doesn't seems to work. When I'm trying to link a pipe in to another world, Mario get down the pipe but then I'm just returned to the Edit-mode again.. and how to I make pipes to be linked to each other in the same area and you can enter the first pipe to get out of the second and then do the same with the second pipe and return to the first one??
Snuttis-Elin
Snuttis-Elin

Back to top Go down

Post  Mechasaur Thu Mar 19, 2015 2:18 pm

Snuttis-Elin wrote:
Snuttis-Elin wrote:

Hmm well I've done like this but it doesn't seems to work. When I'm trying to link a pipe in to another world, Mario get down the pipe but then I'm just returned to the Edit-mode again.. and how to I make pipes to be linked to each other in the same area and you can enter the first pipe to get out of the second and then do the same with the second pipe and return to the first one??

it's supposed to do that when you're editing a level. The link will work once you fully play the game

weeb trash

Mechasaur
Mechasaur

Back to top Go down

Post  Snuttis-Elin Fri Mar 20, 2015 8:50 am

Mechasaur wrote:
Snuttis-Elin wrote:
Snuttis-Elin wrote:

it's supposed to do that when you're editing a level. The link will work once you fully play the game
Oh I see.. Well that's kinda dumb :-/ So what's the reason with testing the world when you will be back to "Edit Mode" when entering a level?
Snuttis-Elin
Snuttis-Elin

Back to top Go down

Post  Mechasaur Fri Mar 20, 2015 10:59 am

Snuttis-Elin wrote:
Mechasaur wrote:
Snuttis-Elin wrote:
Snuttis-Elin wrote:

Oh I see.. Well that's kinda dumb :-/ So what's the reason with testing the world when you will be back to "Edit Mode" when entering a level?

you're not really that bright with using Mario Builder aren't you? :l

weeb trash

Mechasaur
Mechasaur

Back to top Go down

Post  Snuttis-Elin Fri Mar 20, 2015 12:37 pm

Mechasaur wrote:you're not really that bright with using Mario Builder aren't you? :l
Well I'm new to the program and it takes a little time to learn it but I have watched some tutorial videos about Mario Builder but still I've got hard to make alot of things in it... and there is alot of bugs and glitches in the program and I'm gonna to a compilation video of all bugs and glitches I've found and perhaps the creator will fix them because these bugs and glitches destroys a lot of the fun with the game play Sad and also I'm missing alot of stuffs from the original games especially from Super Mario World.. I hope more stuffs will be added to it and the bugs and glitches will be fixed because the program feels very unfinished right now.. :-/ It's just stupid the linking pipes and door wont work when u testing the level because I'm not sure they all work like the should.. also I'm afraid about linking the sources because alot of times when I've trying to do that, the levels have been deleted :O and I can ensure I didn't click the "Delete-button"...
Snuttis-Elin
Snuttis-Elin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down