Mario Builder Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Translator
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Cleaning progress to the forums has been made!

Tue Mar 14, 2023 7:38 am by Alju5

Hello!

I am one of the administrators here. Maybe any of you has noticed that Mario Builder forums lose the number of registered members. This is because there were a lot of users who just spammed the space just by registering and not visiting the forums after that even for years now if at all. There were also a lot of not yet accepted members so as an administrator I felt too undisciplined …

Comments: 0

Platform Builder forums

Sat Jun 09, 2018 9:15 pm by Alju5

Dear members! I am not active with Mario Builder nor it's forums anymore although I still view some activity here sometimes. This is because of the need to choose some activities from all ones in ridiculously limited time. Good things are that I spend more time on something that has been created by the same creator as for Mario Builder. This is Platform Builder and it's own forum.

To be all …

Mario Builder V11 is OUT!

Sat Jan 14, 2012 6:24 am by Pixel Turtle

Mario Builder V11 -

-Many kinds of enemies can be placed ontop of a pipe opening. This will cause them to continually spawn from that pipe.
-Added an invisible text block
-Added the pink piranha plant by Alju5 through the engine challenge
-Added the ice bro by lukasmah through the engine challenge
-Added Ice bro to the overworld
-Boom Boom and Koopalings must take multiple shots …

Mario Worker tileset is now available!

+2
rfs95TS
Alju5
6 posters

Go down

Mario Worker tileset is now available! Empty Mario Worker tileset is now available!

Post  Alju5 Tue Oct 04, 2011 5:24 am

Mario Worker tileset is approriate with Mario Builder. Mario Worker tileset is a tileset with tile pieces from Mario Worker which is a toolkit for creating people own Mario Forever levels. Now, even you who use Mario Builder can create a levels which contain Mario Worker grounds, blocks, platforms, stones, pipes, decorations and even one hurtful item because Mario Worker tileset have been made publically available now!
Mario Builder contains a Joystick Support and one new special enemy from Mario Forever now and hopefully it also contain one more enemy from Mario Forever soon.
Create your own Mario Forever levels or try to create something like mix of SMB1, SMB2, SMB3, SMW and Mario Forever! Download Mario Worker tileset now! Wink

Mario Worker tileset is now available! Mario_Worker_tileset

Admin
Admin

Humor : Rude and bawdy but I have point! :)

http://alju5.webs.com/

Back to top Go down

Mario Worker tileset is now available! Empty Re: Mario Worker tileset is now available!

Post  rfs95TS Wed Oct 05, 2011 4:44 am

Cool! Can you upload some animated backgrounds in Mario Builder? bounce
rfs95TS
rfs95TS

Humor : Solitary

Back to top Go down

Mario Worker tileset is now available! Empty Re: Mario Worker tileset is now available!

Post  Alju5 Wed Oct 05, 2011 10:28 am

Thank you! Smile May-be Mario Builder will improve even more in future but for now there is no sense to try create any animated pictures for Mario Builder. Mario Builder will read gif files as tilesets and even as backgrounds but those files don't show more next frames than the first in Mario Builder builiding, testing and also not in real playing mode. So animated pictures will cause just the hard disk lose per Mario Builder pictures because of more pictures in one picture file actually. In other case if you really find a very good animated background or tileset which is also suitable for Mario Builder but I think you probably don't find something like this.
I also have thought about animated tileset like with a lava tile piece or animated backround like SMB 1 Undergrounds background, so I have tryied and tested it! Mario Builder don't allow to create any animations on our own tile pieces and backgrounds. Neutral

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  rfs95TS Wed Oct 05, 2011 11:07 pm

Alju5 wrote:Thank you! Smile May-be Mario Builder will improve even more in future but for now there is no sense to try create any animated pictures for Mario Builder. Mario Builder will read gif files as tilesets and even as backgrounds but those files don't show more next frames than the first in Mario Builder builiding, testing and also not in real playing mode. So animated pictures will cause just the hard disk lose per Mario Builder pictures because of more pictures in one picture file actually. In other case if you really find a very good animated background or tileset which is also suitable for Mario Builder but I think you probably don't find something like this.
I also have thought about animated tileset like with a lava tile piece or animated backround like SMB 1 Undergrounds background, so I have tryied and tested it! Mario Builder don't allow to create any animations on our own tile pieces and backgrounds. Neutral

But, if add these backgrounds by the Game Maker?
rfs95TS
rfs95TS

Humor : Solitary

Back to top Go down

Post  Alju5 Thu Oct 06, 2011 12:06 am

Then it is possible! Smile If you just modify an existing tileset or background then you just need to choose which background or tileset you want to replace. Then you just have to search for good recourses for you or create those by yourself.
But if you want to add new recourses without replacing something or for example even if you want to put not animated backgrounds to animate then you also need a skills in scripting. Rolling Eyes

I have recommended it for you before! It's time to learn! Smile

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Mario_Builder Mon May 28, 2012 11:24 pm

Why is it not solid? Question scratch bounce
Mario_Builder
Mario_Builder

Back to top Go down

Post  Alju5 Tue May 29, 2012 10:52 am

All custom tilesets have no solid definition. Rolling Eyes This is actually just a common picture file which Mario Builder can read from the computer until it also exist of course. Picture files don't have any definition scripts which should give a behaviour for the picture. That's why Ting_Thing also created an invisible objects feature with a custom backgrounds feature so everyone can define the tiles how they wish and know it is right. Smile
Moreover some tiles as you see are not like solid tiles so if it must have a solid behaviour then this would also not be correct. Rolling Eyes You can define does the tile is solid, topsolid, slip, harm, kill, swim, climb, textbox or whatever kind of slope. Check this out! Wink

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Strichnine Thu Jul 05, 2012 2:35 am

very cool. I would love to make my own tile sheet of super mario land 2 (with color added of course).
Strichnine
Strichnine

Back to top Go down

Post  nradoto Sun Jul 08, 2012 6:52 pm

That looks great,nice job,I guess I can now make some night levels with the perfect ground,oh and do you have any tips for me on how to make these,because every time i download a sheet from somewhere it isn't correct with the blocks in mario builder,thanks again.
nradoto
nradoto

Humor : Nice and friendly,but need anger managment :3

http://marioandthecursedgemm.webs.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Alju5 Sat Aug 25, 2012 11:39 am

Welcome and thank you both! Smile I have been away a lot of time but I answer now and I hope that I have not been forgotten yet. Rolling Eyes

I think that I surely should answer why most of tilesets are not working in Mario Builder correctly. It have been said that those are not compatible for Mario Builder but the actual fact is that the only rule is that one tile in Mario Builder is 16 pixels in both, in x and y axis and without any lines between several tiles. Mario Builder loads pictures in png, bmp, gif, bmp etc. no matter how those look like as you all have probably seen. Only thing is that as well next tile begins after 16 pixels then if your tiles are smaller or bigger in your tileset then Mario Builder reads a next tile from a wrong position and so simple it actually is. Tilesets which are not like compatible with Mario Builder are like compatible with other systems(games) which reads a size in 32x32px or 8x8px from tilesets for example...
Could I explain that clearly? Rolling Eyes

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  nradoto Sat Aug 25, 2012 10:29 pm

Alju5 wrote:
I think that I surely should answer why most of tilesets are not working in Mario Builder correctly. It have been said that those are not compatible for Mario Builder but the actual fact is that the only rule is that one tile in Mario Builder is 16 pixels in both, in x and y axis and without any lines between several tiles. Mario Builder loads pictures in png, bmp, gif, bmp etc. no matter how those look like as you all have probably seen. Only thing is that as well next tile begins after 16 pixels then if your tiles are smaller or bigger in your tileset then Mario Builder reads a next tile from a wrong position and so simple it actually is. Tilesets which are not like compatible with Mario Builder are like compatible with other systems(games) which reads a size in 32x32px or 8x8px from tilesets for example...
Could I explain that clearly? Rolling Eyes
I understand it,thank you very much it helps me a lot.
nradoto
nradoto

Humor : Nice and friendly,but need anger managment :3

http://marioandthecursedgemm.webs.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Alju5 Sun Aug 26, 2012 1:16 am

That's good! Smile It was good to be helpful once again but I think that I should mention something more... I recommend to save your picture as png image because it will not crash it's appearance quality like jpg for example. Smile In addition, this allows transparent like also gif format. Transparent area will be the color which is mostly around the other colors. You may study more from my Mario Worker tileset for example to understand it more potentially. Rolling Eyes

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  levi8george Wed Jul 10, 2013 10:58 am

I am using your tile set in my game my Goomba from hell
levi8george
levi8george

Humor : Did you know that 85 persent of floods are caused by water!!!

https://www.youtube.com/levi8george

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down