Log in

I forgot my password

Translator
Search
 
 

Display results as :
 


Rechercher Advanced Search

Mario Builder V11 is OUT!

Sat Jan 14, 2012 6:24 am by Pixel Turtle

Mario Builder V11 -

-Many kinds of enemies can be placed ontop of a pipe opening. This will cause them to continually spawn from that pipe.
-Added an invisible text block
-Added the pink piranha plant by Alju5 through the engine challenge
-Added the ice bro by lukasmah through the engine challenge
-Added Ice bro to the overworld
-Boom Boom and Koopalings must take multiple shots …

Comments: 0


Levels are getting deleted! -.-

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Levels are getting deleted! -.-

Post  Snuttis-Elin on Mon Feb 23, 2015 1:10 am

I'm new to Mario Builder and now 2 times it's been happening that my levels are getting deleted without any reason :-/ What's the cause of this? Pls help...
avatar
Snuttis-Elin
Member
Member

Posts : 27
Join date : 2015-02-16

Back to top Go down

Re: Levels are getting deleted! -.-

Post  PET297 on Mon Feb 23, 2015 2:49 am

which levels are getting deleted? The first level in level manager, or others?
avatar
PET297
Member
Member

Posts : 81
Join date : 2013-09-20
Age : 17
Location : The country, Mishovy Ň°√≠lenosti is from...
Humor : Luigi doesn't need to do anything to win.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvIy0xeh33qeKcdv7cIhcyw/videos

Back to top Go down

Re: Levels are getting deleted! -.-

Post  Snuttis-Elin on Mon Feb 23, 2015 6:49 pm

PET297 wrote:which levels are getting deleted? The first level in level manager, or others?
Well its actually only happened on the first level on the list but I have no idea why its happening and it freaks me off because I've spent so much time to work on these levels..
avatar
Snuttis-Elin
Member
Member

Posts : 27
Join date : 2015-02-16

Back to top Go down

Re: Levels are getting deleted! -.-

Post  ShadowRider on Mon Feb 23, 2015 11:29 pm

Do you have Mario Builder in its own folder, or just on the desktop?
It should be in its own folder, with a 'SavedFiles' folder & an 'Uploads' folder.
Also, if you exit buy pressing the 'Esc' key, you'll lose data. Always click the blue floppy disk icon in the lower right of the screen before exiting, or working on another area. If you need to exit the program, use the menu to quit & it should save automatically.

ShadowRider
Member
Member

Posts : 85
Join date : 2015-01-30
Age : 37
Location : Toronto, Canada
Humor : Canadian...eh

https://www.youtube.com/user/kennyg440

Back to top Go down

Re: Levels are getting deleted! -.-

Post  Snuttis-Elin on Tue Feb 24, 2015 3:07 am

ShadowRider wrote:Do you have Mario Builder in its own folder, or just on the desktop?
It should be in its own folder, with a 'SavedFiles' folder & an 'Uploads' folder.
Also, if you exit buy pressing the 'Esc' key, you'll lose data. Always click the blue floppy disk icon in the lower right of the screen before exiting, or working on another area. If you need to exit the program, use the menu to quit & it should save automatically.
I have the Mario Builder in my desktop but also the SaveFiles folder and Upload_Files folder is in my desktop so it shouldn't matter then??
avatar
Snuttis-Elin
Member
Member

Posts : 27
Join date : 2015-02-16

Back to top Go down

Re: Levels are getting deleted! -.-

Post  ShadowRider on Tue Feb 24, 2015 4:00 am

It might matter, depending on your MB version & Windows version.
Try making a folder, moving the MarioBuilder.exe, SavedFiles & Uploads folders into the new folder. (then rename the new folder)
When you're using Mario Builder, make sure you remember which Slot (1-9) you are using.
There is also the Sandbox Mode. Like a sandbox in the backyard, it's just for messing around, making & playing single Levels, not full games.
If you want to make a Game, don't use the Sandbox Mode.

Want to get to know the program really well? Make a Level called Test Area. mess around will all the different Blocks, Special Blocks, Powerups, Pipes, Doors, custom Tiles, & other features. Note that when using custom tiles, they will not be solid unless you use an Invisible Block that matches the angle of the Tiles. (for custom grounds, cave ceilings, floors/bridges that you can jump up through but not fall through, etc.) Without the Invisible blocks the custom Tiles are just decoration. It took me a while to figure that out, so I hope that helps.

ShadowRider
Member
Member

Posts : 85
Join date : 2015-01-30
Age : 37
Location : Toronto, Canada
Humor : Canadian...eh

https://www.youtube.com/user/kennyg440

Back to top Go down

Re: Levels are getting deleted! -.-

Post  Snuttis-Elin on Mon Jun 01, 2015 11:35 am

ShadowRider wrote:It might matter, depending on your MB version & Windows version.
Try making a folder, moving the MarioBuilder.exe, SavedFiles & Uploads folders into the new folder. (then rename the new folder)
When you're using Mario Builder, make sure you remember which Slot (1-9) you are using.
There is also the Sandbox Mode. Like a sandbox in the backyard, it's just for messing around, making & playing single Levels, not full games.
If you want to make a Game, don't use the Sandbox Mode.

Want to get to know the program really well? Make a Level called Test Area. mess around will all the different Blocks, Special Blocks, Powerups, Pipes, Doors, custom Tiles, & other features. Note that when using custom tiles, they will not be solid unless you use an Invisible Block that matches the angle of the Tiles. (for custom grounds, cave ceilings, floors/bridges that you can jump up through but not fall through, etc.) Without the Invisible blocks the custom Tiles are just decoration. It took me a while to figure that out, so I hope that helps.
I know that about custom tiles but it's kinda alot of work to place these solid blocks on them.. Well I'm not using the Sandbox Mode at all I'm making a full game of alot of worlds and it seems to have worked fine for a while and it also have been a while since my levels got deleted without any reason until TODAY!... I've just finished working on world 4 in my Mario Builder game and I just linked all levels in their sources and I was happy to publish my game to test playing my finished world 4 which I've spent a lot of work with but when I was going to play level 1 that typical message came up and tells I have no starting location in the level and I didn't understand anything at all because the level surely had a starting location so I was going to check that out and I totally lost my mind!!! Because level 1 seemed to have been deleted without any reason I freaked out because I spended alot of work with building level 1 and now it's just deleted without any reason at all! w*f is this about? Mario Builder seems to be living on its own :O There is absolutely no reason at all why the level was deleted I just linked all levels in their sources as I always do but now level 1 just got deleted Shocked This is fucking bullshit Evil or Very Mad Luckily all other levels wasn't deleted, just level 1 but that's terrible enough!! Now I have to rebuild level 1 again and I'm not happy about that... Sad
avatar
Snuttis-Elin
Member
Member

Posts : 27
Join date : 2015-02-16

Back to top Go down

Re: Levels are getting deleted! -.-

Post  blurrytoad on Mon Jun 01, 2015 7:14 pm

Try Simple mode instead of Advance Mode, then later change to Advance Mode? That could work.
avatar
blurrytoad
Member
Member

Posts : 37
Join date : 2014-01-23

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCjfHGrVcY7-48rf_5YVaSWA

Back to top Go down

Re: Levels are getting deleted! -.-

Post  Snuttis-Elin on Sat Jun 06, 2015 3:57 am

blurrytoad wrote:Try Simple mode instead of Advance Mode, then later change to Advance Mode? That could work.
Hmm or else I'm just making a "Dummy-area" as Area 1 and then it wont be happening with any of my REAL levels. Btw now another strange thing happened to one of my levels recently, my level 5 got removed from the list but not deleted like level 1, my level 5 was still in the game because I linked it to source 5 but it was removed from the list so now I can't edit it but it's still playable in the game :-/ Well still it doesn't matter because I don't have to edit my level 5 because it's finished and nothing has to be fixed in it so far... Anyway it's very strange it just disappear from the list but is still in the game as source 5! :O
avatar
Snuttis-Elin
Member
Member

Posts : 27
Join date : 2015-02-16

Back to top Go down

Re: Levels are getting deleted! -.-

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum